Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bersa .380 - review

My review of any firearm will consist of a couple things; raw data (size, weight, round capacity, caliber, etc) and shooting experience (if I've shot the weapon).

The Bersa "Thunder".380 is a great choice for CCW, in my humble opinion.
It is a sub-compact pistol, chambered in .380.

The size is small enough to be easily concealed, but not so small that you can't wrap your pinky around the grip. It is light weight, even when fully loaded, and wouldn't bog you down if you decided to carry extra magazines with it.

It is chambered in .380, which comes in a range of bullets from plinking rounds to defensive rounds. Some would argue that it is too small to be effective, but the .380 you carry is better than the .45 you left at home.

And the price is so right on this little wonder. On average you can expect to spend, give or take, $300 - $330. So the purchase price is great, the downside is that extra magazines are about $40.00 or more per, so that's not so good. Also, the ammunition, while available, is a little pricey to practice with. Just keep that in mind.

Now, I've shot this little gem and it is fantastic.

I'm not a great shot, I'm not a trained shooter as in law enforcement or military, however, I can hit what I aim at more often than not. Because of the low recoil of the .380 round and the inherent accuracy of the Bersa, you can assuredly hit what you aim at. It is a wonderful shooter.

Just to give you an idea of what I mean, I can, or at least could, bullseye head shots and 15 yards consistently with this gun. Yeah, it's like that.

For the size, price and general quality you really can't go wrong with the Bersa "Thunder" .380.

No comments:

Post a Comment