Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My decision

Yes, as you probably guessed, I decided to get my CCW and I will be carrying with me.

There are many reasons why I decided to take this path. And believe me, I still sit up a night and think about it; the implications just about scare me to death. Aside from pledging my life to the woman I love, its the biggest responsibility I can think of; aside from kids.

The first is to protect myself, my wife, or anyone else who happens to be in need; the hope being that never, ever, ever (x 10) do I want to have to use it or even draw my weapon, ever.

I've thought about this for a long time and being a good southern boy, there are certain things you aren't so much taught but are almost genetic in you. One of those (aside from a need to keep appliances on the front porch) is the fierce loyalty and protection of our family.
And since there's been some interesting activity in my neighborhood and in my city in general, I'd feel better about being able to protect the ones I love.

Granted, I'm a big guy (those who know me can attest to this) and I can take care of myself. However, 240lbs of Kyle can turn really quickly in to 240lbs of dead in a skinny minute if one isn't prepared. And at that point, what good am I to anyone? How can protect anyone? How can I be a good husband, a good son, a good anything if I'm...you know...not around? ANSWER: I CAN'T!! And personally, I like living, I've grown accustomed to it... I'd prefer to keep doing it.

The second reason is that I have the right to do it. I'm all about fully exploring my rights. I love rights, they are awesome! I've been to many countries that don't have it nearly as good as we do. We've got more rights and freedom than we (literally) know what to do with. I have right to ride a motorcycle, and I do, I have the right to speak my mind and I do, I have the right to come and go as I please, and I do. Full expression of ones rights is the ultimate defense of citizenry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment