Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Everybody works, everybody fights...

This line if from "Starship Troopers", its a good read.

However the point that was made is that in a fighting unit everyone has their own responsiblities.

The same is true of families when one person has a firearm.

I shoot and my wife shoots. She's not as practiced as I am, but she knows what she's doing well enough. When I get a new gun (more often than I care to admit) I make sure that she knows how it works and can make it work. If we can't both fight with it, then there's no point in having it. If she can't work the slide of a full size 1911, then I shouldn't be carrying it when we are together.

Why?

Well, what if I'm hit, what if I'm out, down, done, whatever... you think I want her to just sit there and be a victim? Nope, I want her to wade in knee deep in their asses and finish that fight.

Keep that in mind when deciding on the right tool for the job.

Just another of the myriad of considerations to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment