Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

For the ladies...

Ladies...you have a tougher row to hoe than we men do.

If nothing else just the clothing options that men have and the lack of hefty accessories like a purse or handbag. Although there are some pretty fetching CCW purses out there. Hit your favorite search engine on the internet and start researching.

Also, and this may get a little dark but it is important, there are bad guys out there who do unspeakable things to women. I mean utterly horrid things for which there is no justice, there's a punishment, but I'd never consider it commiserate to the crime.

Personally, and this is a view that I hold, those men should be put down right then and there. No questions, no trial, no nothing, just put straight down.

So, ladies, carry. I find it very sad that almost all the women I know have had some sort of less than savory interaction with a man and that just can not be tolerated.

The good thing is that the law is on your side when it comes to self-defense.

Here's what I mean: If I get in to a scrap with a guy I can handle myself. If I lose, I lose, if I win, I win, but I can go hand to hand pretty fairly with most other men, one on one. A woman, on the other hand, can't, necessarily.

Again, I'm 6'6", 240lbs... if you're 5'4" 110, I have a distinct advantage and I can do pretty much whatever I want and there isn't much you can do about it.

In my state if you can articulate why you felt you were in imminent danger for your life or severe bodily harm, you are within your right to use lethal force.

The instructor in my class even stated as much, if it was some dude against a woman she would have much more latitude in her action than a man on man confrontation would.

***Again, I'm not a lawyer, your mileage may vary***

What I am saying is get licensed, train, carry, protect yourself.

What I'm NOT saying is go all Terminator on someone because he's bugging you at a bar for your number. Keep a cool head, get out of there, walk briskly to your car if you get a feeling that something is hinky. Haul boots if someone is chasing you.
Get to a crowd, get to your car, find your friends, yell "HELP", whatever it takes.

If all else fails and if there's no other option then defend your right to walk the streets unmolested by others with force.

Just be safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment